The Community Trust Foundation – Naylor Fund has donated $5,000 to the Garrett County FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) LEGO League Team iLEGO, which recently won the Champion's Award at the Maryland State LEGO Championships. The students competed against 72 teams from across the state at the event, held at the University of Maryland Baltimore County campus. As a result of receiving the first-place award, iLEGO has been invited to compete at the North American Open Championship in Carlsbad, Calif., May 16–18. The coaches, parents, and iLEGO team members launched a Community Partner Campaign to gain the support needed for the team to represent Garrett County and Maryland at the event. "With the community's support, the team is now within 90 percent of its goal and is pressing forward to raise the remaining 10 percent," said a campaign spokesperson. "All funds collected will be used for team expenses and to defray the cost of travel." Donations will be accepted at iLEGO #7978, c/o Shane Grady, 317 East Oak Street, Suite One, Oakland, MD 21550. Pictured, left to right, are Kathy Getty, CTF board of trustees, team members Alexx Grady and Mariah Bolden, and Fred Leary, CTF board of trustees. Team members not pictured are Jalen Beeman, Jakob Long, Ava Rankin, and Olivia Warne, and coach Lorie Burdock. iLEGO is a rookie team composed of fourth, fifth, and sixth grade students from Rt. 40, Broad Ford, and Yough Glades elementary and Southern Middle schools. "Nature's Fury" was this year's competition theme. The students designed and programmed a robot to complete missions on the playing field, while focusing their research on preparing for and surviving a natural disaster.